It’s been another busy week, so I didn’t get a chance to post. I often write my “day of chemo” posts on my phone in the chemo room. Typing with my thumbs is slow going and there are a lot of distractions. So I just didn’t get it together this week.
We had a big snowstorm Tuesday afternoon/evening, but I did get to chemo on Wednesday. I talked with Dr. T about the timing of scans and the genetic test results. We decided to postpone the scans until after the test results. She said that if the genetic tests indicated I was eligible for a clinical trial, the trial docs would want a scan just before enrolling me, so it makes more sense to see what the genetic tests say first. I’m pretty sure the testing company got my liver tumor sample about two and half weeks ago, so we could hear any day now.
My friend Cheryl took me to the appointment (big thanks to her, her mom too for watching her kids) and we were in and out fast since few other patients decided to brave the storm. My counts were good. Next week I’ll have another tumor marker done.